Friday, March 29, 2013

Tire Workouts

If it's sunny outside, the last place I want to be is indoors (even if its in the gym). I had that dilemma today and decided to do some fun outdoors exercises! Here are some pictures showing what I incorporated into my workout.

Here I'm doing tire flips (left) and ins and outs (right). Both incorporate your legs, but the tire flips end up being an all around body work out. 

Yes, I am holding a sledge hammer. These work your arms pretty dang good. You move from a side stance with some slack on the sledge hammer, to pushing yourself forward, with the sledge hammer hitting the tire. Great for those who want more definition, clearly something I'm after with my scrawny little arms. 

If you want your legs to burn, these are for you. Strap a harness on and put as much weight on the tire as you can pull, and back peddle. You want your hips to be low with BIG steps back. Great for the glutes and hamstrings. 

I also did ball throws, push ups and abs. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun and effective workout, Megan! I’m particularly interested with the tire flips and hammer hitting the tire as I’m actually trying to gain an inch of solid muscle in my biceps. :D This seems like a heavy workout, so I guess thrice a week would do. How about you, Meg? How often do you do this? -->Brandon

    ReplyDelete